Thursday, July 14, 2011

See You Later





Wow, how time fly these days. It sure doesn't seem like it has been a few months since I blogged. I am not getting better at this... just slower, lol.

Today I am making a card for The Pixie Cottage Challenge #78. You should click on the link and go see all the wonderful treats those talented people created. They amaze me!!!




This card is also a little bit of reflection. I have never been the type of person to say goodbye when someone special passes away. I don't believe that saying 'goodbye' is a true statement. To me saying goodbye is when I am leaving and I don't know if I will ever see that person again. But, when someone passes away and I believe in my heart that I will see them again (in Heaven), I can't bring myself to say goodbye... so, I say See You Later.

This year has brought about many moments for me to reflect on death. I thought after my father passed away, 14 yrs ago, death (of any kind) would be easier. However, it doesn't. I have been emotionally broken this whole year! Death has come to me in the passing of a wonderful women (Aunt Debbie) and the loss of deep trust in someone I thought was heaven sent.


The good news is I have grown! I know that breathing can be difficult afterwards but, I will still breathe. I know that life feels a little more empty but, it is still life. I have learned thru death that time is precious! I spend more time looking up rather than looking down. I may never get over the hurt I have felt this year or stop the memories from flooding my mind but, I will go on.

So, I needed to say See You Later in a card. I wanted to put some things behind me. I need to move past a few boulders in my mind and keep smiling.

I pray each one of you have a BLESSED day.


Later, Linda

4 comments:

  1. A very beautiful card Golden! I love the pretty flowers and butterflies always are a picture of new life to me. I pray your card will be a step toward healing :) Thanks for sharing it with us at The Pixie Cottage this week. Hope you will join us next week!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very,very pretty! Love how you wrapped it in ribbon. Thanks for sharing with us at The Pixie Cottage! Hope to see you again next week. Hugs, Karen

    ReplyDelete
  3. very nice cards... lovely flowers!!
    thanks for sharing at THE PIXIE COTTAGE
    hugs
    Sadia

    ReplyDelete
  4. Golden, thank you for sharing your personal thoughts and struggles with the heart ache of losing a loved one. It brought tears to my eyes when you said you thought it would get easier and it doesn't. In fact, for me, everytime someone I care about dies it brings back all the heartache of losing my brother when I was just 15 (many years ago) But I doo share your sentiment about seeing them again someday! Take care.

    ReplyDelete